"Advancing Wellness and Resiliency in Education" through School - Behavior Health Partnerships
Nebraska's AWARE-SEA Project is being jointly undertaken by the Nebraska Department of Education (NDE) and Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services - Division of Behavioral Health (DHHS-DBH) to build and enhance partnerships and collaboration between state and local systems to improve school-based behavioral health services. Funded by a five-year grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA), this project focuses on promoting the healthy development of students in rural areas through:
- Positive, supportive and trauma-informed learning environments;
- Skills fostering resilience and pro-social behavior;
- School-based mental health services;
- Identification, immediate response and appropriate clinical interventions; and
- Identification and intervention in bullying, aggression and violent behaviors that may contribute to school violence.