Area 6th Graders Branch Out at the Wildcat Hills Nature Center
Area 6th Grade students learn about trees, their benefits, and forest fire fighting during the ESU #13 Branch Out field trip at the Wildcat Hills Nature Center.
Thank you to all of the volunteers for making the day so educational and giving the students an amazing hands on experience. Many scientific standards are covered....
- structure and function of living (plant) systems
- how plants and animals respond to environmental conditions
- positive and negative effects of natural and human activity on an ecosystem
- roles of producers, consumers, and decomposers in an ecosystem
- life cycles of living things
- plant functions to meet basic needs